Saturday, October 15, 2011

EuroMillions jackpot winner's son: I was abandoned and I'll never forgive

EuroMillions lottery winner Angela Dawes has insisted she loves her son and wants to rebuild her relationship with him after the 17-year-old claimed his mother abandoned him to start a new life.Dave and Angela Dawes after they won the UK's third biggest lottery prize \

Dave and Angela Dawes after they won the UK's third biggest lottery prize

Miss Dawes, 43, was unveiled yesterday, along with partner Dave Dawes, 47, as the winner of a £101m jackpot - the third biggest win Britain has ever seen.

The couple, from Walsoken, Cambridgeshire, vowed to give their friends a large share of the fortune and spoke excitedly of the prospect of getting married overseas.

But her son Steven Leeman said today that even if Miss Dawes offered him £10m it could not repair the upset she had caused him and his father John.

Steve claims Miss Dawes kicked the two of them out of the trailer home they shared five years ago.

'Since she kicked me and dad out I've seen her ten or 15 times in town and she just walks straight past me,' Steven told The Sun.

'She doesn't even acknowledge me, it's like I'm not there.

'If she phoned me and said sorry and offered to give me £10million or even all the money she has won, I wouldn't forgive her.'

Dave and Angela Dawes celebrate their big EuroMillions win
Dave and Angela Dawes celebrate their big EuroMillions win

Steven, who still lives with his dad in Wisbech, just a few miles from Walsoken, described how his parents split when he was 12-years-old.

He claimed he returned from a school trip to France to find his father had been kicked out of the house.

Steven said he was also turned away and has not had any contact with her since.

He said he had heard rumours his mother had cheated on his dad.

Miss Dawes said: 'I'm saddened by these reports. A lot of what has been said since my divorce has been untrue and very hurtful.

'I've always wanted to be in contact with my son, who I love dearly, and very much want to rebuild our relationship.'

No comments:

Post a Comment