Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dancing On Ice champion Hayley Tamaddon admits she's 'cried every day' since splitting from cheating fiancé


Dancing On Ice champion Hayley Tamaddon has split from her fiance after he cheated on her.
The former Emmerdale actress, 33, had been due to marry Darren Charles, 36, next year but broke up with him last week.
Yesterday, she talked for the first time about the split - and the pain she's endured while touring the country with West End hit Spamalot.
Love split: Hayley Tamaddon and Darren Charles, pictured in Manchester in April, had been due to marry next year
Love split: Hayley Tamaddon and Darren Charles, pictured in Manchester in April, had been due to marry next year
She said there hadn't been a day when she had not cried - and she blamed her participation in the talent show.
'I lived a dream of mine. I put my heart and soul into winning Dancing On Ice and it cost me my marriage,' she told Daily Star On Sunday.
Tamaddon revealed that he admitted cheating on her while she was away concentrating on winning the competition.
 
She said: 'When you are engaged to someone you don't expect that they are going to hurt you in this way.
'I'm trying so hard to put on a brave face... I guess all I can do now is to keep my head down and get on with my career.'
The split came after an emotional heart-to-heart during which Charles made his confession. Tamaddon doesn't know the identity of the girl in question - and doesn't want to know.
Champions: But Hayley, pictured with dance partner David Whiston, believes she took her fiance for granted while she was on the show
Champions: But Hayley, pictured with dance partner David Whiston, believes she took her fiance for granted while she was on the show
'They became close while I was on the show and one thing led to another. He told me he's made the biggest mistake of his life by being with this girl.
'When he told me, I was angry. I wanted to hate him so much but he was sobbing his heart out and telling me how sorry he was. 
'I gave him my engagement ring back and I think that broke his heart,' she told the Star's Susan Hill.
Tamaddon said she knew something was wrong but brushed it under the carpet.
'He's fallen out of love with me. He told me I am not the girl he fell in love with all those years ago, which hurt a lot.'
Popular actress: Hayley appearing as Delilah Dingle on Emmerdale
Popular actress: Hayley playing Delia Dingle on Emmerdale in 2007
However, she doesn't regret taking part in Dancing On Ice, on which she became very close to her partner Dan Whiston, although she denies ever having been unfaithful.
'The problem is that I have many male friends, including my skating partner Dan, and people jump to the wrong conclusions.
'Darren was the love of my life, I would never have betrayed him in that way.
'I want to be able to call him a love rat and a cheat but I can't because I'm still in love with him. But I can't forgive him for what he's done.'

No comments:

Post a Comment